May’s Top 10 Things to do in Reno
From Broadway shows to festivals, it’s an exciting time to be a part of the Reno revival. Here to guide you through all the hustle and bustle that is the month of May is Peppermill’s official Top 10 Things to do in Reno guide.
- Aces Baseball: Meet Reno’s pride in semi-pro baseball! Attend one of Reno Aces’ games from the month of May until closing day at Aces Ballpark in Downtown Reno! Admission starts at $8 per person.
- Broadway comes to Reno: Million Dollar Quartet – “The Tony Award®-winning Broadway musical, inspired by the electrifying true story of the famed recording session that brought together rock ‘n’ roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins for the first and only time” – Pioneer Center. April 30 – May 1 at Reno’s Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts. Admission starts at $50 per person.
- Cinco De Mayo Fest – This festival has been called the ”largest Hispanic heritage celebration in Reno,” AND it comes with a carnival… enough said. Admission is free on Friday and $5 on Saturday and Sunday. April 29 – May 1 in Grand Sierra Resort’s parking lot.
- Reno Sculpture Fest – Three days of music, sculptures and music. Best part of all: You can enjoy art at its finest with no cost to you at this free event taking place May 6 – 8 in Downtown Reno.
- Dine the District – If you didn’t know, and by now you should, but if you didn’t (no judgment), Reno is becoming quite the foodie destination. We’re making bumper stickers and maybe even a hashtag… eventually. Come see what we mean May 7 in Reno’s Riverwalk District and feast on the many dishes that define culinary excellence located right in lil’ old Reno. Tickets to this event are $20 per person.
- Peppermill Kentucky Derby Viewing Party – Big hats, high hopes, a mint julep or two, and the long shot win are all the things needed May 7 for Peppermill’s Kentucky Derby viewing party. Place your bets inside Peppermill’s Naples Ballroom.
- Reno River Festival – The Truckee River is flowing and so are the good vibes at this festival! Come enjoy two days of outdoor fun with great food, music, activities and national Whitewater Freestyle competitions! This event will take place May 7 – 8 in Downtown Reno’s Truckee River Whitewater Park. Admission is free.
- Reno Craft Beer Week – It’s the week you’ve been waiting for ALL. YEAR. LONG. Reno Craft Beer Week. Celebrate this Reno-wide event May 13 – 21 and experience the awe-inspiring greatness that is Northern Nevada craft beer. Admission varies depending on event.
- Hot August Nights presents Spring Fever Revival – The official pre-kickoff to Hot August Nights, May 20-22 in Downtown Reno. Attendance is free.
- Reno Street Food: Party in the Park – Food Truck enthusiasts unite! You no longer need to search high and low for the golden pot at the end of the rainbow that is the majestic food truck. Find them in one easy to locate spot (Idlewild Park) every Friday until October! The kickoff to Reno Street Food is May 20. Admission is free.
Photo: tripadvisor.com, 2016