Already have a reservation? Manage Reservation
Peppermill Green Initiatives
Recognized as an industry leader for its green initiatives and innovations and recipient of a 2018 Energy Star Certification, Peppermill Reno is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation. The award-winning resort strives to minimize the impact its operations have on the environment, all without compromising the five-star levels of service and quality hundreds of thousands of guests experience every year.
Since 2007, Peppermill Reno has prided itself on being the only resort in the United States whose heating source is completely provided from geothermal energy produced on the immediate property. Thanks to a $9.7 million investment, and the discovery of a geothermal well more than 4,400 feet below the resort, this renewable energy source has been harnessed to heat 100 percent of Peppermill Reno’s domestic water and provide the entirety of the mechanical heat throughout the 2.1 million square-foot facility.
Additional Green Initiatives
- Installation of a water recycling system for all laundry services, conserving millions of gallons of water per year
- Installation of 30 plasma air generators within the property ventilation system, which neutralize odors, cigarette smoke, allergens, bacteria, and other airborne irritants
- Installation of two Tesla Connector and number of other brand charging stations for electric vehicles
- Replacement of incandescent lighting with lower-energy LED and fluorescent light bulbs
- Complimentary water provided by restaurant staff as requested
- Creation of a virtually paperless Human Resources Department, achieved through the implementation of new software systems and digitization of all forms and documents