Places to Go
Peppermill is located at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, and surrounded by more than the bustling activities on the valley floor. Seize your spirit of adventure and explore all the Northern Nevada has to offer by traveling just a couple miles outside Reno and maybe even your comfort zone!
- With 275 days of sunshine Lake Tahoe is a year round, amazing memory waiting to happen. Famous for its unmatched blue water, the environment exists virtually without peer. If you’re in Reno, the 30 minute drive to Lake Tahoe is a must.
- Virginia City
- The history and stories of Virginia City are as unique, rich and colorful as the streets and buildings themselves. One must see Virginia City to even begin to understand it. It’s a living, breathing example of America’s fortitude and desire to achieve only 20 minutes away from Peppermill Reno.
- Truckee is a place rich in history with a quaint downtown that hosts charming shops and superb restaurants set in authentic historic buildings. Truckee provides real culture with an unreal backyard. A place for those who know an outside life tastes sweeter.
- Northstar Village
- Located in North Lake Tahoe, nothing beats escaping to Northstar to explore skiing, snowboarding and other winter activities; or mountain biking, golf, hiking and other spring, summer and fall activities. The village serves up everything you need from an elite ski school and world-class mountain biking to diverse shopping and fine dining.
- Squaw Village
- Surrounded with gorgeous views of Lake Tahoe, a mountaintop playground, and the freedom to roam at 8,200’, the High camp Experience is as much a stunning backdrop for nature lovers as it is an easy escape for mountain explorers.
- Explore the microcosm of Reno and all it has to offer in the Midtown and Downtown areas. From tattoo parlors, museums, night life, craft breweries, locally sourced restaurants, to doughnut shops, gyms, theaters, and street vendors all within a 2 mile radius!
- River District
- Reno was established right next to the first bridge to cross the iconic Truckee River in the late 1800s. Today, local merchants, artists and patrons are proud to welcome you back to The Riverwalk District to celebrate the beautiful place where Reno began. Recently voted top 10 Riverwalk by Travel & Leisure.