June’s Top 15 Things to do in Reno
The heat is rising and so are some of Reno’s biggest summer events. From Street Vibrations to the Reno Rodeo to Artown, enjoy Reno the way you were meant to, outdoors and with adventure. For some other “Reno” worthy June events, make like your mouse and scroll on down.
- Legends of the Game Celebrity Charity Golf Tournament: Because when an event allows you to, “rub elbows with some of the greatest athletes in the history of professional sports,” how could you not go? This tournament benefits the Nevada Diabetes Association and Reno Firefighters Community Assistance. June 3-5 at Lakeridge Golf Course.
- Sands Eurofest 2016: Celebrate all things European, June 3-5 at Sands Regency. Where European cuisine, beer, live entertainment and dancing will not be in short supply.
- Street Vibrations Spring Rally: “Get your motor runnin,' Head out on the highway! Lookin' for adventure…” Come our way June 3-5 for the biggest motorcycling, city-wide event of the year.
- Slide the City: Slide the City is bringing its record-breaking, 1000 feet water slide to little old Reno, Nevada June 4 and it’s going to be epic! With a little more than two weeks left to register, this event is selling out fast, but slots are still open. Slide the City will start at the corner of Ralston St. and University Terrace.
- Reno Aces Home Games: Reno’s pride and joy. Ace’s Ballpark’s 2016 season has well been under way, but that doesn’t mean their June home game lineup isn’t anything less than a knock outta the ballfield:
- Reno Aces vs Las Vegas June 1 – 3 at 7:05pm
- Reno Aces vs Salt lake June 4 – 6 with times varying
- Reno Aces vs Las Vegas June 21 - 24 at 7:05pm
- Reno Aces vs El Paso June 25 – 28 with times varying
- Downtown Reno Farmers Market Kick-Off: Eat local in our restaurants, buy local in our stores, and now, shop local in our farmers market! Kick-off date is June 9 - August 25 in the Sands Regency parking lot.
- Pigapalooza: Reno recently celebrated Reno Craft Brew Week, but why should the celebration end there? This event celebrates not only great beer, but great BBQ too. June 10 – 11, Incline Village, CA.
- The Mighty Tour de Nez: In what started out as an impromptu bike race, the Mighty Tour de Nez is perfect for, “pros, aspiring pros, nationally-ranked amateurs, and the average Joe and Josephine who want to see how they do in a real race” – Tour de Nez. June 11 in the Reno area.
- 11th Annual Truckee Brew Fest: Another day, another brew fest. Proving the Reno area and beyond is serious about their brew-making festivities. June 11 in nearby Truckee, CA.
- Reno Rodeo: It’s time to liberate those Wranglers, western boots, and fancy cowboy hats. The Reno Rodeo has arrived! June 16 – 25 at the Livestock Event Center.
- The Great Eldorado BBQ, Brews and Blues Festival: Barbeque, Brews and Blues. We were sold at barbeque. June 17 – 18 along South Virginia Street.
- Bob Feist Invitational Team Roping: In this event, “each hard-running steer gets an 18-foot head start… (and) each cowboy gets just one partner and can’t make a mistake for six rounds… only 100 elite teams are allowed to enter” – Bob Feist. Saddle up cowboys. June 20 at the Livestock Event Center.
- Rockabilly Riot: Look forward to drag racing, cruising, music and more during this live action, burn outs-guaranteed event. June 23 – 30 in Downtown Reno.
- Barracuda Championship, PGA TOUR Golf Tournament: Operated by the Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation, The Barracuda Championship is the “big time” when it comes to Reno golfing events. Witness professional golfers compete on this PGA Tour June 27 – July 3 at Montreux Golf and Country Club.
- Artown: For anyone who has ever said Reno isn’t artistic, they’ve clearly never experienced the majesty that is Artown. So majestic in fact, they fill this event with a month’s worth of cultural art experiences fit for all ages and artistic tastes! Plan ahead June 30 – July 31 in this Reno wide event.
Photo Credit: visitrenotahoe.com